1.21.2009

waiting...

Still 3cm and 80%... STILL.

Almost two months ago, I had my first contractions and the doctor said he was "preparing to come".

One month ago, the doctor said we could have a "Christmas baby".

2 weeks ago she said that he would be here any day.

Last monday I started maternity leave under the assumption that it was almost time.

Tomorrow is his due date and all I have are a bunch of random and painful contractions - no baby.

Who knows?! Maybe he'll surprise us and be right on time. I love the experience of carrying him, don't get me wrong. Waking up to his little hiccups is one of the most adorable things in this world. But, not quite as adorable as I know his face will be. His face! I'm just ready to see it. So come on, already.

In other news (still baby-related, of course) John and I have had a last minute reconsideration on baby Greider's name. We're still on for "Collins Sullivan" but instead of calling him "Collins", we're thinking of calling him "Sully". Sullivan was my maternal grandfather's last name. Everyone called him "Sully" - I called him "Papa Sully". He was a great man - funny, kind, completely devoted to his family, and even though he died 15 years ago I can still clearly hear the sound of his amazing laugh. It is a name to live up to and one that I hope my son will carry proudly.

1 comment:

CC said...

i have been thinking about you ALL DAY. i don't want to be yet another person getting your hope up, but i have a feeling your time is coming soon! hang in there, mama. Little Sully will make his debut soon enough! until then, prop up those feet and read in SILENCE... a sound you won't hear again without wondering how long it will last... :)