12.01.2008

our first time....

This past Thursday, John and I did it for the first time! I have to say, I was completely nervous going into the whole thing and I think he was too, though he never led on. I did research, called my mom & dad to see how they do it, contemplated bringing someone else in to help, watched a few TV specials, and STILL almost backed out at the last minute. s-t-r-e-s-s!

But as soon as John pulled that bird out of its nice, Butterball packaging, I knew we would be alright. It was our very first oven baked, Thanksgiving turkey, and it was a complete SUCCESS! I have more confidence in me & John than ever before - WE DID IT!


Before...



After...

1 comment:

Erica said...

Love it!!! Hate I will miss the shower this weekend..moving to Charlotte but I will call you the next time I am in town so we can hopefully meet up. Hope all is going well with you lil momma!