12.02.2008

Lamaze

Deep inhale through your nose. Exhale through your mouth, releasing all the air.
Our first lamaze class was informative,inspiring, and even comical. As John was counting how many breaths I would take during a typical contraction, I could hardly contain my outbursts of laughter. It all felt so silly, but i'm sure it won't in a little over 1 month. My favorite part of the whole night was when the teacher lowered the lights, I was instructed to lay on my side, and John had to give me a 10 minute body massage. I LOVE lamaze class!!!!! And the best part is, we have 2 more to go!

Here are a few things we learned from class numero uno:

* In mere weeks, I will be birthing something the size of a small football player out of a hole that's the size of a lemon (ugh!)
* I have gained 3 pounds of blood - this really surprised me
* Its better to sleep on my left side because the baby gets more oxygen
* I will lose approximately 15 pounds immediately after the baby is born (that's more than i've gained - woohoo!)


Keep it coming Lamaze!

No comments: