4.02.2008

Tissue Please

5:30, yesterday afternoon: The moment I've been anticipating ALL day. WORKS OVER and I can finally take my runny nose, sore throat, non-functioning brain HOME. To the couch I go!


9:30, last night: Me! Drowning in a sea of tissues and vicks vapor rub! I extinguish the last ounce of energy in my body to prepare a bowl of Campbell's Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup (the cure all) and bury my face into the coolness of my blue suede pillow.


10 o'clock: A slight tap on the door, ever so faint. Who could that be?


It was the new squeeze, who, for Soulshine's sake I will now refer to as Ace - my Ace of Spades (I smile). He was there to rescue me from my sneezing, coughing, and inability to breath, and like a scene from a Harlequin romance novel, my hair caught the wind as I reached to embrace.


SNEEZE! (all over his blue cotton shirt sleeve)


He didn't care. He kissed me.


SNEEZE! (into his left ear drum, which I'm sure wasn't the most pleasant moment of his life)


He told me I looked beautiful - the liar! My nose painted a color red that Granny Smith only wishes for her apples, hair has somehow formed a bird's nest in the back in which I'm certain that something has taken residence, no makeup, no shower, chloraseptic breath, and holey Pink Floyd t-shirt paired with the most hideous sweat pants that somehow make my sore throat feel slightly better as I slip each leg in. BEAUTIFUL - HA!


At any rate, he is there to take care of me. What more could I ask for?!


Sighs & Sneezes,

Love Struck

No comments: