4.09.2008

You Say Goodbye, And I Say Hello


When Cari D made the decision to pack her memories and leap from Charleston to her current hometown, DC, I must say that my heart was a bit broken. Together since the age of 14, she's been my leaning post... Saturday afternoon beach buddy... roomie... late-night back porch gossip gal... the first person I called the day I passed my driver's test... truly my greatest girl-friend. Even though this move occurred almost 2 years ago (and she is wonderfully happy, I should add), I still feel a twinge of home-sickness for her when the salty beach air is warm or I hear the churning of margaritas in the blender. She's an incredible lady and Charleston will never truly be the same without her daily presence.
Shortly after her move, she came back bearing gifts. Mine - a dainty blue clay pot etched with tiny white flowers. It was filled with dirt and contained the beginnings of a "Forget-Me-Not" plant - soon to become a blossoming of delicate sky-blue flowers. Although I'm sad to say that the precious plant is long deceased, the beautiful pot still adorns my living room. In the midst of Spring cleaning this week, I ran across the message that was enclosed and it just served as one more reminder of why I love her so...


"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is before you can meet again. And meeting again after a moment or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends." -- Richard Bach

My luz muffin comes for a visit to Charleston in less than a month bringing a wonderful new surprise... a baby bump in her belly.


*happy tears*

No comments: