3.19.2008

Breezy

Today in Charleston, NOAA says....

"breezy with a south wind around 28 mph"

How fitting that they use the word "breezy" when there are tornado-force winds whipping past my office door. I just witnessed two flags detach from my building AND was (literally, no kidding) knocked backwards when I attempted a short walk to the mailbox. I had no idea that in walking out to mail a letter, I could potentially be risking my life!!! Waves are rolling into the marina! WAVES!

No offense NOAA (because you usually have it goin' on) but I think today the forecast should have read more like this....

"Wizard of Oz tornado-like winds. Possible loss of any loose clothing with a 99.9% chance of getting knocked into the plough mud if you're standing too close to the edge without your feet glued down."

That's All!

No comments: