8.26.2009

the next generation

I was in the mall with one of my friends yesterday and we walked pass FYE, the music store. My friend looked over at the rows of cds and said, "Wow! I can't believe they are still even making those!" I thought to myself, "is she joking???" I had to ask her to repeat it 3 TIMES thinking that I heard her wrong.

Call me outdated, but I don't own an iPod, I don't have iTunes on my computer, my computer won't even accept the download for iTunes, and when I listen to music while i'm cooking dinner it's always coming from the good ol' cd player.

In high school, my bff's first car was this huge banana yellow tank, a seventy-something model, that had an 8-track. We would laugh and laugh because we thought 8-tracks were so old and silly. I sure hope my treasured store-bought compact discs aren't the 8-track of the future.

No comments: