5.22.2009

To all of my friends:

I want to apologize to you.

I know that "being a mommy" is a poor defense for the amount of neglect you have been receiving, but it's the best and most honest excuse I have to give. It's amazing that I have had time to juggle all of these amazing friendships throughout the years but one little baby comes along and is more time-consuming than the whole lot of you. I work during the day, which has been surprisingly busy. When I get home in the evening, I bust my chops to get bottles washed, dinner cooked, tomorrows bottles made, baby fed, baby washed, baby loved, honey loved and just when 9 o'clock baby bedtime rolls around and I think i'm done, oops, there's something i've forgotten. There's always something and it seems like no matter how much I do, nothing ever gets done (you know what i'm saying?). By the time I finally rest my bones on the couch, I can't even think about holding a phone up to my ear or typing an email. I'm sure John thinks i've gone mute because my brain is so fried, I can hardly muster a conversation with him at night.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - I love love love my job as a mommy and take it more seriously than I have ever taken anything in my life. This is more my attempt to beg you, my dear and loved friends, not to count me out. Just be patient with me for the next 'er 18 years or so until I find some extra time. Not a day goes by that ALL of my friends are not in my thoughts and sometimes reflecting back on our funny memories is what gets me through those exhausting days. I miss our happy hours, midnight trips to Waffle House, beach days, concerts, Ladies' Dinners, and movie nights - I have traded them for a little fellow who needs all of the love & attention I can give him. But hang tight because we'll get there again.

xoxo,
Courtney

2 comments:

CC said...

you NEVER have to apologize to ANYONE. the job you're doing is the hardest there is. and you're doing a damn good job, at that. your true friends love you more knowing that you're raising a sweet, innocent new little version of yourself. keep on keepin' on, mama. it gets easier!

Samantha said...

I second that. When situation arise, such as this, the real people stick around. You can call these friends, which are few and far between, once a month and it seems that you just pick right back up where you left off. Keep Shinin'.