5.19.2009

American Idol

I'm just going to be honest and say... i'm totally and completely addicted to this show. It's really quite funny because, at the beginning of the season, when Sully was only days old, John practically had to force me into watching an episode. I've always equated American Idol to the most complete form of cheesiness that could be scooped into one television hour (sometimes two). But little by little I began to get more interested and, much to my dismay, after 3 weeks I was hooked. Now John laughs because I always check to make sure it is set to record. I guess I like it so much because it's our thing - mine and John's. Without fail, every Tuesday and Wednesday, it's us, enjoying this amazing talent TOGETHER, which in a household where there are very few similar television interests, it's nice.

We've been Danny fans from the start. Thinking that he was the obvious winner, we set our stakes on him. Unfortunately, down to the bottom three last week, he was eliminated. :( Leaving Kris & Adam. I know that Adam has this edge and rocker appeal that is driving everyone crazy, but I'm loving me some Kris with his Jason Mraz-y type voice. Lo-ving It! So tonight, in the final competition, John and I are rooting for Kris. And tomorrow, it will all be over.

Time for something new!

No comments: