7.14.2008

a time for fertilizer

I never paid much attention to butterbeans. I knew that my "nannie" used to make them for after-church lunch on Sundays - cooked in a pound of butter and so tender they melted in your mouth. They're tiny. Green. Grow in pods. That's about all of the information I had gathered. Never had a need for anything further.

Recently, butterbeans became more significant in my life. I discovered that they are actually seeds, eaten as vegetables. Generally 1 to 3 cm in length and oval shaped. They are an excellent nutritional choice and go nicely with a dash of salt and pat of butter.

Much like butterbeans are something else twice as nice. Tiny. Green (but not in the literal form - let's hope). An excellent nutritional choice. Currently measuring in at about 2 1/2 cm. Due to sprout in mid January. And currently resides in the safest nook of my belly...

A precious little baby - our "Butterbean". Something I'm sure that will go even nicer with a dash of salt and pat of butter.

No comments: