7.30.2008

"There shall be eternal sunshine in the grateful heart." - Celia Thaxter

In the midst of frustration at work today, I decided to step back and take a breath. Several breaths. Deep breath in... and out... ahhhhhh!

I clicked the mouse, at my right, onto "blogspot" and snuck away from work into my own little cyberworld and continued to breath my cares away. But somewhere in the midst of my breathing, I got sidetracked... stuck... on a word.

Soulshine!

It's in the title of my blog, the Allman Brothers wrote a song about it, but what exactly is soulshine? As I muttled through my free-flow of thoughts, I decided there was no better cure to my anxiety than to think about what soulshine means. So here goes!



To me, Soulshine is......


*Knowing that I've made someone else smile

*The oh-so tiny baby that peacefully sleeps in my belly

*The first hug from John when he comes home from work

*Laughing

*Listening to great music in the car, with all the windows down (even more fabulous on those perfect Spring days)

*Coming home to my waggly tailed, toy in tow, pup, who is always happy to see me

*The smell of freshly bloomed lilies

*Delighting in the company of my lady-friends at Charleston's newest cookie bakery

*Family vacations

*The first snuggle into my sateen sheets before I go to sleep at night

*Unexpected surprises

*Witnessing the vast beauty that God has bestowed upon this earth

*The swings at Waterfront Park

*Knowing that I am strong enough to resist temptation

*Fireworks

*Sweet, encouraging emails from my Dad

*New car smell

*That empowered feeling I get right after a good, long workout

*Blowing out the candles on your birthday cake while your loved ones attempt to serenade you

*A change of scenery - whether big or small - new colors, new sounds, new smells (it's good for the soul)

*LIFE! Being here, living (really living) everyday, and showing God that he did not put this body & soul here to waste

No comments: