11.16.2007

Baby Kayden

Have you ever reached a moment in your life where you KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this is it - you're finally the dreaded "A" word? Dare I say it.... Adult. You have adult bills, adult decisions, and if you make a mistake it carries adult consequences.
I ask this question, because last night, I think I had my moment. That's not to say I haven't had this moment a million times before - like the day I bought my first car or the first day that my heels carried me into a 9 to 5 job - but I believe last night was IT! My roomie and long time close friend became a father.
Let me begin by saying, I have MANY friends who have ventured into the joys that parenthood can offer, so this is not a new concept to me. I am "Aunt CoCo" to more than just my wonderful nephew, Riley. It goes deeper than that! For years my roomie, Aubrey, has been like a brother to me... a little brother. I've watched him grow from that neighborhood skater kid into a hard-working man. When younger we would spend our time walking the nearby railroad tracks or skipping the rocks down at the Rapids - not a care in the world. And now, as of 10:15 last night, he's a father. A happy, proud father!
Just a few weeks ago we were discussing the anticipation of this event and I informed him that for the past 8 months I have lived under the notion that this pregnancy would just continue on for eternity. There would never be a baby, just a big belly - FOREVER. I guess I was proven wrong last night when little Kayden came into this world. Obviously 8 months wasn't long enough for me to process! :)
Although it is an enormous change, I know that he will be a blessing and I wish him all the fortune and happiness that the world has to offer. Welcome baby Kayden!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This baby will open up a whole NEW world for Aubrey. I think he's conquered (very well, I might add) the old one and I know he'll do quite well in this new one (ahhhh! Don't say the "A" word!!)
Samantha