1.20.2011

goals

I found this list buried deep in the piles of things I have written through the years.  It is an unfinished list of goals that I made about 5 years ago.  It's funny (and rewarding) to see what I have already accomplished. 
  •  travel to Paris
  • author a children's book
  • buy a home (with a mandatory swing on my mandatory screened-in porch)
  • watch Carrie Bradshaw on the Big Screen
  • open a boutique in the Charleston area and become my own boss
  • plant and successfully nurture a flower garden
  • return the favor on all of the wonderful ways in which my parents have contributed to my life
  • marry a wonderful man who makes me laugh (and then........)
  • grow a big, beautiful pregnant belly
  • learn to speak a new language (English - check, Spanish - check)
  • sky-dive
  • master the guitar
  • wake up early enough to watch the sunrise on the beach
  • take a road trip with no destination, just a tank of gas and lots of time
  • kiss in the rain (without worrying that my makeup will run)
  • re-discover that wonderful little body I lived in at 21, that I didn't appreciate until it was gone
  • change someone's life for the better
  • make a sizable contribution to a worthy cause
This list is still relevant to the dreams that I have.  Other than changing the "boutique" to a photography studio, I would say it is spot-on.  Finding this helped me to realize that I have accomplished a few sizable goals in the past 5 years, but there's still alot left on my short list that I need to get crackin' on.

No comments: