10.01.2010

turquoise and orange

Can we just talk for a second about how much I am loving the orange-blue color scheme blazing the trails of the design world.  Not to thwart my handy dandy old faves of blue-brown, black-white-red, red-yellow-blue (wierd, I know) and so on... but these colors are making me want to completely re-think the decor of my house.  Which would probably not fly over well with the hubby considering he detests orange.  It's this whole college football rivalry that can't be truly understood  by anyone who isn't a south carolina native who's been comanded to choose a side - clemson tigers or carolina gamecocks - since they were in diapers.  I'll admit, i'm a guilty party, cheering ferociously for my gamecocks and boo-ing at any sight of anything remotely representing those nasty tigers (purple & orange).  Hence my previous distaste for the color.  But now that I've seen it in the right light (and not pressed up against purple) I'm in love (or a serious like).

No comments: