10.21.2008

As a soon-to-be mother, I've found myself interested, lately, in topics that never crossed my mind before. One that is quickly becoming the giant "monster in the closet" of topics for mothers of young children is Autism. Tackling "1 in every 166 children", it may dampen development or create the inability to speak or even express emotions (to name a few). Although the thought of Autism is frightening, not thinking about it could be detrimental for that sweet little bundle that you love and adore. For anyone who may be interested, I stumbled across this article in Newsweek - click here to check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Courtney, I too have become fixated on this whole autism thing, even though I'm not a mom to be yet. Though it's not proven, vaccines seem to play a part in autism. But really, who knows? So scary!

Jan. 22 is coming soon. YAY!!!