5.14.2008

afternoon delight

The warm, soft surface glided across my bare skin as if the two were meant to be in connectivity. The divine scents of eucalyptus and spring magnolias wafted through the air like billowy clouds directly into my nose as I drifted into a state of peaceful delight. A soul satisfying, all sensory invoking gift from me, to me – my first (and hopefully not last) hot-stone, full-body massage.

From the initial contact of heat along the sides of my aching lower back to the moment she removed the remaining stone from the center of my forehead, I was entranced.

I often dream of heaven…. I imagine its grandeur. Sunshine. Rainbows. Celestial voices singing sweet melodies. Family. Old friends. Beds made entirely of egyptian cotton cloud puffs. Laughter. Soft winds breezing through endless fields of sunflowers. Dancing. Crystal clear oceans rolling into white powdery sand….

And me, on a massage table indulging in the warmth of smooth stones and sweet smelling oils.

The price of my rejuvenating experience = $95 (a minimal price to put on an afternoon of luxury and pampering). If you live in Charleston, I recommend the ladies at Stella Nova. Maybe we'll bump into each other in the spa lounge! =)

No comments: