12.17.2007

2007, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

Could someone out there please be kind enough to tell me where exactly 2007 has disappeared... did I forget to wake up from the nap that I took on January 3rd and miss everything???

I'm confused!

Maybe the year was lost in the shuffle of all my shoe shopping OR between the driving that I did from my apartment to the vet's office for the million medical debacles in which my dog found himself. Or perhaps some of the days were physically discarded from my memory to erase the trauma of the handful of "first dates" that I ventured out on and the continued attempts to dim the heat on 2 old flames. Is it possible that the year got trapped in my old Cougar on the day that I sold it and drove off the lot in my new Jeep Cherokee? Or maybe it was tossed overboard on the day that we almost capsized in Scott's 15' Jon Boat while attempting to cross the usually calm Charleston Harbor.

I'm also thinking that I potentially could have laughed those days straight into oblivion. This year of gut-busters included: Aubrey trying to kill his first cockroach (HILARIOUS!); the day I put aside my fear of birds (and all other winged animals) and took Riley to the park to feed the ducks and the damn things tried to attack us - as our quick step turned into a mad dash I almost peed-my-pants from laughter & fright (I'm still somewhat scarred by this experience); the International Mall bathroom experience (i'm laughing out loud as I type that one); late night escapades with Stephen, the "Crenco bandit"; Mandy swinging the stripper pole in her drunken birthday haze; Poogan's Porch brunch with the now infamous silent farting assassin; Pablo Escobar sightings; the TALL Carissa, little Courtney photoshoot... I could go on and on but I'll stop myself!

Or maybe... just maybe... piled in a large box that is long forgotten, are the days and hours I spent at work. The hours spent saying "Good afternoon, HMY Yacht Sales". Typing. Paper work for 6 million dollars worth of Closings. Dock Walks. Documentation Agents. Lienholders. Insurance Agents. Time Sheets. Paper Jams. Staff Meetings. ahhhhhhhhhh! I must stop before I stress myself out.

Chances are, it's lost in a daydream somewhere... a sunset that caught my eye and stayed with me for the rest of those days!

At any rate, I notice that every passing year goes by faster and faster. Yesterday I was driving back from DC after one of the most interesting New Year celebrations of my life, and today I'm struggling to wrap up Christmas shopping because it's one week to the day before Santa squeezes his jolly self down the chimney of every eager boy & girl in the world. Maybe Santa will leave a giant remote control with a super-sized pause button, under my Christmas tree.

But until then, I'm sure glad I took plenty of pictures...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post...made me stop and think. Does feel like yesterday we were on that looong drive back from DC...Merry Christmas, love...